Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Open Mike Room

Old 02-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Custom grid - Seleucid Empire

If anyone is interested in taking a look, I just added a custom grid. I think I have done a good job referencing all the Seleucid rulers in correct chronology. I also know that the dates znd nicknames are not all correct. Any advice on improving it would be appreciated.

Here is the link: http://www.tantaluscoins.com/coins/grid69.php

regards,

Matt
Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Administrator

matt this is great! this was my initial concept of the use of creating custom grids... so that one didn't have to be "boxed in" to a preset. particularly in the case of ancients where getting unanimous agreement on what constitutes a full set of any given series means.

a second option that was never implemented, but could be if it was asked for, was to make custom grids available to other members so that if another collector liked your grid he could import it into his own account rather than have to recreate it.

i've heard little feedback overall on the grid feature and since they are not indexed by tantalus i have no idea whether it's a popular feature or not. with any luck, if tantalus continues to grow, people will gravitate to this innovative take on the penny books we all knew as kids.

ras
Old 02-05-2007, 03:20 AM

I was actually thinking of typing my whitman folders into grids. I have about 80% of the pennies going back to 1857. I decided to hold off until I have time to scan the pennies.

In the meantime, I would be very happy to see the Seleucid grid (and any others that I make, i'll keep you up to date)put up for others to use without asking. I am thinking I will do teh Macedonian rulers and the Ptolomies in the near future. However, I'll probably finish adding Allectus and the Anonymous coins from the Wildwinds into Tantalus before I tackles these two grids.

Regards,
Old 02-08-2007, 04:22 PM

I really love the grid feature, it is a great reference and gives me a sense of accomplishment to see it slowly fill up. The Seleudic grid is wonderful, I would love to see people able to offer their cusom grids to others as well. I was going to do some grids for Provincial cities at some point, if I ever get around to it I will gladly share.

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
Old 04-15-2015, 04:29 AM
shamonde

Default Re: Custom grid - Seleucid Empire

that is excellent! this was my first concept of the employment of creating custom grids... making sure that just one failed to have to be "boxed in" to your pre-programmed. in particular regarding ancients where having unanimous contract on the is really a entire pair of just about any presented line suggests.a second option that's by no means put in place, nevertheless could possibly be in the event it had been called for, seemed to be to make custom grids there for some other associates making sure that in the event an additional financial institution liked your grid he could possibly importance the idea directly into his own bill instead of have to replicate the idea.we've noticed minor comments all round for the grid characteristic as well as because they are not necessarily listed by simply tantalus when i have no idea whether it's a popular characteristic or not necessarily. divorce lawyer atlanta, in the event tantalus continues to grow, people will probably gravitate to the innovative handle this penny guides all of us believed while young children.