Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Export file doesn't have marks

I tried test export of some files and noticed that the graphics for the field marks and exe marks don't seem to get exported because none of the symbol graphics are exported with the html. This would be immensely useful.
Regards,
Martin
Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 AM

Hi Martin,

They do actually export... but when the export they come out in the native font or the html code... and it varies based on what template you are using.

Think of it as a windings font and it may make more sense ... an "A" in the Tantalus font might represent the byzantine cross symbol... so when you import a "A" into Tantalus in the marks field you will get a Byzantine cross ... but when you export it you just get an "A"

Ras is working on a number of "cool" items and may solve your problem with one of the next big announcements :-)

Thanks,

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by maridvnvm
I tried test export of some files and noticed that the graphics for the field marks and exe marks don't seem to get exported because none of the symbol graphics are exported with the html. This would be immensely useful.
Regards,
Martin
Old 11-14-2006, 07:15 PM

Hi,
It has taken me quite some time to respond to this due to circumstances beyond my control that we needn't worry about. I have tried again to export some Roman Imperial coins from my collection. The images that I don't see, that reprsent the field marks that I was referring to are contained as graphics and not as native fonts as you suggest. Two examples are spacer.gif (used to identify no character in left and right fields) and symbol9.gif being the letter I. This example being drawn from a coin from Lugdunum of Probus where I is important.
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but these gifs are not exported into the images folder for the html and thus cannot be referenced from the html.
Regards,
Martin
Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

it's definitely a technical challenge that needs to be overcome - and i have no doubt that in light of some of the other features yet to be implemented this one is only a minor headache. the bigger concern is that the development budget for tantalus for this calendar year has been wiped out so that the two programmers working on this project are on standby unless a critical bugfix needs attention.

ras