Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Suggestions

Old 11-29-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Copying files to another user

Ras,

I was wondering about the ability to copy (or clone) a coin into another user's collection. If I were to trade or buy/sell a coin to another user, I would want to be able to to transfer the file to/from that person's files.

Regards,

Matt
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Administrator

this should not be too difficult to add and i have thought about it before. however, i'm converned of someone using it as a copycat feature without the owner's permission. not that it can't be done manually of course but if not implemented carefully could lead to grumblings.

my idea would be to have an import record feature on the coin view page which would generate an automatic message to the owner's inbox. if the owner approves the coin can be transferred into the new user's account.

is this overly complex? making a storm in a teacup?

ras
Old 12-01-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Export Individual Coins

Hi: I was reading through the Forums and saw the comments about transferrng coins between users. Wouldn't it be easier if you could export just a single coin as opposed to a whole folder? That way the seller can simply export the single coin and e-mail it to the new owner who would then import into his or her collection. This would give you the "transfering" cability and would maintain security all at once.

Saturninus
Old 12-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Exporting a single coin would very defenitley be a workable solution to this question.

As far as Ras' concern about copycats, I think this type of action should only be able to be initated by the Original "owner" of the coin.

What would really be interesting is if it could be worked that Provence transfered automacally in a transfer of the coin. I realize this may be asking too much!

Regards,

Matt