Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Open Mike Room

Old 08-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwinds
The project currently is as follows. We (all volunteers) have completely transferred the Celtic, Byzantine & Imperatorial records from Wildwinds to Tantalus.

Asgorath is working the Greek coins using Wildwinds Sear Greek list and has entered 2000+ Greek coins. I think he is trying to do 20 coins a day, so it's going to take awhile without help. I don't know if there are other Greek records at Wildwinds not included in the SG list...so there may be more to add later.

I am back working the Provincial coins after being side-lined by work & family business. Only 172 records so far using Wildwinds alphabetical list...I am up to Agrippina Jr.

I'm not sure who has been working the Imperial coins lately. There are 365 Imperial records using the alphabetical list at Wildwinds. We have civil war issues & from Aelia Flaccilla to Antoninus Pius. We may have a new volunteer who wants to work the Constantine & sons area.

No work has really been done on the Roman Republic coins.

As to what is needed...we have much work to do in the Greek, Roman Republic, Roman Imperial & Roman Provincial areas. Looks like Republic & Imperial are pretty much wide open for anyone who wants to help.

Joe W.

In the report I forgot to thank all the volunteers past & present.

Joe W.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Jay82

My coin is stuck in the British section, and it will not allow me to save it under Roman Imperial. Is it because this coin is Brittish? Or does it matter either way? Ive tried to edit it and it will not let me use the dropbox option to change it. And also what would clone do? Thats all the info i can gather from just wildwinds on the coin. Also i havent found a way to link to the page were the image is stored to get comments on if its good enough.

Last edited by Jay82 : 08-21-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay82
My coin is stuck in the British section, and it will not allow me to save it under Roman Imperial. Is it because this coin is Brittish? Or does it matter either way? Ive tried to edit it and it will not let me use the dropbox option to change it. And also what would clone do? Thats all the info i can gather from just wildwinds on the coin. Also i havent found a way to link to the page were the image is stored to get comments on if its good enough.

Since the format of the coin records vary by coin type it will not allow you to "switch" a British record into another area. You must be sure you have the correct coin type & album selected before entering your info or it will wind up in the wrong area permanently. "Cloning" the coin will only allow you to enter the same info in the British area for another similar coin. Cloning can save time when entering many identical or similar coins as you only need to change pic & edit info...but this only works if the coin is already in the right area.

You will need to "Add a coin"...make sure you have the Roman Imperial coin type & album selected...and then re-enter the information. You should be able to just "delete" the unwanted British entry by going to it's edit page.

Joe W.