Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Open Mike Room

Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Ebay sniping

Ras,

When I try to enter my Ebay info in the user setup area I get an error message thAt the "details are unchanged". Am I doing something incorrect?

Joe W.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Administrator

weird, i can have my programmer see if there's any issue but my own accounts all let me get in without a problem.

i'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is getting similar messages.

by the way, is it that it's allowing you to actually enter the ebay tab but not permitting changing the login info or not letting you enter at all?

ras
Old 08-11-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
weird, i can have my programmer see if there's any issue but my own accounts all let me get in without a problem.

i'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is getting similar messages.

by the way, is it that it's allowing you to actually enter the ebay tab but not permitting changing the login info or not letting you enter at all?

ras

I can access the tab...and it shows my user name, but will not allow me to enter my password...

Joe
Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Administrator

joe,

my programmer has reset your ebay profile which should allow you to re-enter your login credentials. in doing so he blew away all your current settings and bid list (if any). however, he is able to get the bid list back at least if you need it. the password itself is, of course, encrypted so no one can "see" it from this end (and we want things that way!).

please try again and advise if you need your auctions put back in.

anyone else reading this thread please respond here if you are having any problems with the ebay tool. unless you tell me i'm going to assume all is a-ok.

ras
Old 08-12-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
joe,

my programmer has reset your ebay profile which should allow you to re-enter your login credentials. in doing so he blew away all your current settings and bid list (if any). however, he is able to get the bid list back at least if you need it. the password itself is, of course, encrypted so no one can "see" it from this end (and we want things that way!).

please try again and advise if you need your auctions put back in.

anyone else reading this thread please respond here if you are having any problems with the ebay tool. unless you tell me i'm going to assume all is a-ok.

ras

Appears to be working now. Executed a bid and I won! WooHoo...

Joe
Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 AM

Default Sniping...

Ras,

Been enjoying the sniping feature, but I noticed a small glitch tonight you might want to know about. Had an auction I was bidding on and when the auction ended it showed I LOST the auction even though the winning bid was several dollars BELOW my snipe bid. When I checked at Ebay I found I had actually WON the auction even though the Tantalus snipe tool showed me losing.

Joe W.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator

glitch indeed, let me have my programmer check into it - might be a few days before i have any answers.

ras