Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Open Mike Room

Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Custom grids - RIC I

I enjyed doing the seleucid grid so much that I added a few more. Here is the first of what wil complete the RIC I for coins in my collection.

http://www.tantaluscoins.com/coins/grid74.php

This grid has a space for every coin listed under Augustus in RIC I. I have completed Tiberius through Claudius also. I hope to do Nero this weekend. I doubt I'll do the others. RIC IV will follow as time permits.

Send me your email address if you want to see more. I'll email you directly.

Matt
Old 02-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

matt- kicks ass! now you just have to fill a few more of those cells :-)

i recall your mentioning you wanted to put together a visual ric and evidently you meant it. if the concept catches on i can ask the programmers to institute a clone feature so that other members can import your grid as a new template. if i were you i'd post this around to your groups to gauge interest.

a "public" grid could also be developed as a research tool for each of the emperors. lots of work, no doubt, but it's something that i think many would find appealing.

again, nice job!

ras
Old 02-25-2007, 01:30 AM

Yes, I will post this to AP and Moneta. I am waiting to get through with all the RIC I coins in my collection and add Nero before doing so.

A cloning feature would be great. I had a couple other ideas along those lines:

- Redoing the grids in Wildwinds and adding coins as they are entered. However, with the number of coins left to enter thsi might just not be a priority for Joe, Dave and you.

- Allow any coin that is publicly viewable in Tantalus to be attached to any grid

- Add a lgrid directory (and a link to it) so people surfing the website can look at public grids without needing to be sent the link.

For the record, the customization of the grid for RIC I - Augustus and the addition of the coins there at this moment, toook less than hour. The hardest part was counting the coins that have the same number but more than one type (example: 193a and 193b). Also, if I were to do it again, I would leave additional squares for coins that may be unlisted.

Matt