Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 04-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Default Keyword search problem...

Is anyone else having a problem with the basic search engine? When doing a keyword search for "Herakles" I am getting NO hits for the entire site although I know I & others have many specimens with Herakles in the description. Oddly the only hits I DO get are coins where the word is in the "Provenance" area (i.e. Herakles Numismatics).

Joe W.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 AM

Default Search worked for me

Joe,

I did a basic search on Herakles and found nothing, but then I noticed I was already inside the world coins area so I backed out to the initial "browse collections" page and searched again. I got 5 pages of coins with Herakles in the description.

Ben
Old 04-27-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgemz
Joe,

I did a basic search on Herakles and found nothing, but then I noticed I was already inside the world coins area so I backed out to the initial "browse collections" page and searched again. I got 5 pages of coins with Herakles in the description.

Ben

I just did the same search in the browse section and got 4 coins...none with herakles details...just 4 coins that provenanced from Herakles Numismatics. Are you using deep search or the free search? Strange.

Joe W.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM

Joe,

What is odd is that the search seems to be case sensitive. I just did a search on herakles and got 4 coins, repeated the search with Herakles, got a lot more! I'm thinking that this is a problem for searching, we would have to enter Herakles, herakles, HERAKLES, etc...

Ben
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgemz
Joe,

What is odd is that the search seems to be case sensitive. I just did a search on herakles and got 4 coins, repeated the search with Herakles, got a lot more! I'm thinking that this is a problem for searching, we would have to enter Herakles, herakles, HERAKLES, etc...

Ben

YIKES!

Joe
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 PM

Default Testing

OK..."herakles" or "HERAKLES" gets the same 4 coins. "Herakles" gets 5 pages of hits! Hope Ras can turn off the case-sensitive controls.

Joe W.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM

Default Deep search too...

Just noticed using the deep search engine: for "herakles", "HERAKLES" or "Herakles" gets ZERO hits!

Joe