Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 PM

Just curious. Paid annual via the Paypal link yesterday (or mayber the day before). How long does it usually take?

I'm in no rush, but anticipate some additions in the collection this month and would like to have the full she-bang.

Thanks!

Still a great site!

Scott

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
Old 12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator

scott, the update to your account should happen instantly. however, sometimes the account status on the left doesn't update correctly and may keep reporting for a while the old status or display "unavailable". so long as you're not locked out of your premium features you can ignore the status and it will eventually get around to updating itself.

clearing out the browser cache and logging in and out should also help update the account status.

ras
Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
scott, the update to your account should happen instantly. however, sometimes the account status on the left doesn't update correctly and may keep reporting for a while the old status or display "unavailable". so long as you're not locked out of your premium features you can ignore the status and it will eventually get around to updating itself.

clearing out the browser cache and logging in and out should also help update the account status.

ras

Thanks ras, I'll give it some kicks and a bump or two.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:01 AM

OK, all tried, and for a while it worked and I had my account back to normal, but now on three separate systems, I'm back to 'free account'. Just a glitch? Give it some time?

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Administrator

it IS just a glitch. the true test is whether you have access to the premium tools or not regardless of what the account status says. the status updates from a cookie on your computer. if you log in and out, so the theory goes, the account updates right along with it when the system is notified of payment. but it's a fragile system prone to break if you use multiple accounts or the browser cache fails to clear out. somehow, like black magic, eventually it gets it right.

i'll have the programmers devise a better system but in the meantime don't worry about it saying your account is free or unavailable so long as you have the correct access for your account type.

ras
Old 12-18-2007, 01:21 AM

OK, tried and it worked for a while, but after a few days now I am back to a free account. Will this thing sort itself out?

Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 AM

OK, I tried it and it worked for a few days, now I am back to a free account. Should I just wait a while longer?