Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Suggestions

Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Default Allow coins to link to multiple albums

Ras,

Have you given any consideration to adding the ability to link coins to more than one album? For example, if I have a coin of Probus with a temple reverse, I place it in my Temples album. However, it would also be correct to include it in my RIC V, Part II album. It would be great to be able to see it in both.

Regards,

Matt
Old 07-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Administrator

boy that's a big mess (i think). this is the flickr model. flickr uses two container types that are basically the same thing, "collections" and "sets" and you can shuffle between them at will. to some it's needlessly confusing while to others it allows that extra level of organizational ability. personally i like it but never saw the parallel to coin collections - now that you're bringing it up it must mean that it'd be desirable to have this ability here too!

not sure how much of a programming overhaul this would mean but i can start the lengthy process of getting the programmers to bounce some ideas and let's see what happens.

we're up to four programmers now by the way and making progress on a couple of new tools i think all members will like. i'm fairly confident i'll have something before month's end :-)

ras
Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 PM

Smile Confusion - Flickr - Custom Template

Hi Ras:

You are right about the flickr model... I found it confusing and started to lose pictures on flickr.... eventually, I closed my account and opted for others.

Would "tags" work differently? instead of links to different albums?

--
I saw that you have NOT forgotten about custom templates.... for myself that would be heaven sent..... my bi-metallic coins are way too difficult to try to match the current templates and categories.

I just love this site & think you should be commended. I talk about it everywhere I go and many people just are not aware of it....

Joe
Old 07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

joe, yes, i had thought of implementing a tags field to aid searching. shouldn't be too hard.

i'm waiting a bit to roll out some new features over the next week or two and then tackle the templates.

ras