Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Tantalus Announcements

Old 06-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Default Thumbnail disease

The Tantalus browsing and for sale sections were recently revamped to increase the size of the thumbnails following some user requests. To do this a script was written to run in the background resizing the available images. However, the script dumped the thumbnails in the wrong directory overwriting the main images. Unfortunately it has not been possible to undo this step. Our intention was to rollback from the server nightly backups but these only go back five days and then are rewritten on a rotating basis. Since the script ran over a week ago the earliest available backup already reflects the bug. Because of this records entered prior to the running of this script will now show downsized images unless you manually update them.

If you have exported your coins to a backup with larger images re-importing them will restore those records to their previous maximum file size.

On behalf of myself and my programmers we're really, really sorry about any inconvenience if this has affected your online collection. I'm working to see new features put into place and the old capabilities enhanced. This one didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Ras
Old 06-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Well, I spoke too soon. The programmers put their thinking caps on and have managed to restore everything back to the way it was and I might as well spare further details. Just a bit of magic as far as I'm concerned! Still, I'd like to apologize to anyone who was inconvenienced by this bug. Measures have been put into place so that this kind of problem does not re-occur. More on the new features later.

Thanks to everyone putting up with these growing pains!

Ras
Old 06-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Default It happens

Ras:
I run a building of 108 teachers on our system and it is amazing the errors they make and in turn that I make because of their needs all conflict - usually.

It is tough to keep things straight and I'm sure you have many more users and much more in program creativity.

Bottom line, I think things just happen and I think what your creating here is a great thing

Just thought you should know and hear it from someone outside of your inner circle.

Joe