Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 04-22-2006, 07:59 AM

Default Grid Problems

Ras,

My Roman Emporer Grid listed 171 of 187 spaces filled this moring. This confused me as I only have 82 different Emporers displayed. I went and removed three Augustus coins - out of the four posted - from his square on the grid and now have 168 of 187. I really enjoyed thinking I was so close to having a coin of each Person portrayed and being able to go to and see all the coins of a specifdic rulr in one place easily. Apparently I can't have my cake and eat too. I hope you can find an easy fix to this. If not, am I able to save 2 grids of the same type in my account?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 AM

I just tried to add a second grid and this does work. In doing so I discovered something that relates to my previous post. The new Grid shows 72 of 187 cells filled but I can see all for Augustus coins when I go to that cell. THe new grid was populated and is being counted properly. It is only when adding a new coiin that the numbers become inaccurate.

However, there is still one issue (not mentioned before) that is slightly problematic. My roman provincials aren't included. I have three emperors that I have provincials of but haven't found regular imperial issues at the right price yet. Entering them manually isn't that biug a deal but it would be nice to be able to link them permanently or to be able to populate a similar grid from my provincial collection exclusively.

Matt
Old 04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Hi Matt,

The grids are one of the most computationally intense features of Tantalus so I'm not terribly surprised to hear it's not working 100%. I'll have our programmer look into the counting problem but first I need you to post the link to your collection.

The provincials are not being incorporated into your Roman Imperial grid because that (technically) crosses periods. Well, that's debatable I guess but is how the logic seeks within your collection for a match. The solution as you stated is to enter the coin in manually which is not as neat as having Tantalus do it for you. Another solution, this one completely manual, is to use the custom grid utility which you can populate with whatever you want and get it looking exactly how you want it to.

Ras
Old 05-06-2006, 12:22 AM

Default It appe4ars to be fixed!

Ras,

I just went and rescanned my Roman Emporers grid and it seems to be working as I had origanlly expected. Very happy! Also a little surprised you didn't mention it.

Thanks,

Matt