Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 06-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Coin sort problems...

Ras,

Is there a reason why the coins are no longer being sorted with the last entered being first? I just posted 10 coins for sale & they are scattered all over the place among my sale coins. This gets a bit confusing for the potential buyers as they try to locate what is new.

Joe W.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Administrator

I'll look into it right away.

There was a change in the sorting whereby modifying an older record no longer scooted it to the top of the listing just because of the change. However, a new record should still appear at the top.

Please give me a day or two to look into it.

Ras
Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
I'll look into it right away.

There was a change in the sorting whereby modifying an older record no longer scooted it to the top of the listing just because of the change. However, a new record should still appear at the top.

Please give me a day or two to look into it.

Ras

Hmmm...so the "last updated" date is no longer the determining factor on sort? I sometimes list a combination of new coins as well as older (previously listed) coins that I am now ready to sell...it would be better for buyers responding to my announcements to be able to find all the newest sale items right up front. Can this be made into an option? Allow us to designate which coins to move "up front" at the head of our "coins for sale" area?

Perhaps the seller could be authorized to manually update the "record date" in his listing? Wouldn't this effectively make an older listing brand new?

Joe W.

Last edited by kerux : 06-22-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Administrator

whew! i was worried something didn't work right on this last update. joe, this change in the sort order went along with a number of other behind the scenes changes in preparation for a new feature. to go back to the old way would be a headache at this point as it would mean rolling back on all the other changes and looking for a different way of doing things.

there are two solutions that come to mind. first, a workaround would be to clone the old records you'd like to present at the top and delete the old one. i realize this certainly creates more work for you but probably not much more than setting a "record date" flag manually. the second option would be to have our programmer design a system whereby dealers are given a special link to show off, say, the 100 most recent listed items for sale on their account. in this scenario the system could also take into account those records which have been updated as well - you would then have the ability to post this link and only coins from your store would show, and in the order you want.

thoughts?

ras
Old 06-22-2006, 05:19 PM

Default I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
whew! i was worried something didn't work right on this last update. joe, this change in the sort order went along with a number of other behind the scenes changes in preparation for a new feature. to go back to the old way would be a headache at this point as it would mean rolling back on all the other changes and looking for a different way of doing things.

there are two solutions that come to mind. first, a workaround would be to clone the old records you'd like to present at the top and delete the old one. i realize this certainly creates more work for you but probably not much more than setting a "record date" flag manually. the second option would be to have our programmer design a system whereby dealers are given a special link to show off, say, the 100 most recent listed items for sale on their account. in this scenario the system could also take into account those records which have been updated as well - you would then have the ability to post this link and only coins from your store would show, and in the order you want.

thoughts?

ras

I understand...if cloning will do the trick, I'll be glad to solve the problem that way....

Joe
Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Works!

The cloning did the job...thanks for suggesting the work-around. Now I'm anticipating what the new feature is going to be that necessitated the change....

Joe