Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man
 

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Scotvs Capitis Scotvs Capitis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default Export bugs?

Is it just me? When I export, I see the exported file link after the status bar completes, but it immediately sends me back to the export menu without delay, not even a split second to download my exported file. I figured it was a Mac or browser issue, but it does so one two PCs as well. I have been using IE and Firefox, perhaps I am missing something?

Any help, pointers, ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
__________________
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
  #2  
Old 11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
kerux kerux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kingsland, TX
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotvs Capitis
Is it just me? When I export, I see the exported file link after the status bar completes, but it immediately sends me back to the export menu without delay, not even a split second to download my exported file. I figured it was a Mac or browser issue, but it does so one two PCs as well. I have been using IE and Firefox, perhaps I am missing something?

Any help, pointers, ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Hmmm...when you click the "Import/Export" link it should take you to the Export page. If you have run any exports they should be listed on that page at the bottom under the heading "Manage Recent Export Files". There should be a download link and a delete link for each export file created.

Joe W.
  #3  
Old 11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Scotvs Capitis Scotvs Capitis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerux
Hmmm...when you click the "Import/Export" link it should take you to the Export page. If you have run any exports they should be listed on that page at the bottom under the heading "Manage Recent Export Files". There should be a download link and a delete link for each export file created.

Joe W.

Hmmm, not seeing them at all. I get to the export page, select my export options and click "export", see the status bar and then it jumps past what I think is the export page with my linked files, but it was just a flash before it went to the standard export page with nothing listed. This is on all computeres I've tried it on, including a brand new Dell. Perhaps my account is screwy, are there options somewhere I need to edit?
__________________
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
  #4  
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Scotvs Capitis Scotvs Capitis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

No ideas on the issue? Man I'd love to do some exports...

I'm really loving the site by the way, it is superb!
__________________
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
  #5  
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
CommonBronze CommonBronze is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Scott,

Did you subscribe (pay for membership) or are you using a free account on Tantalus?

Free accounts are not able to import or export collections ... paid subscribers are ... that is possibly the difference.

Let me know and I will try and help you out. But as a quick review Free Accounts can:

Browse All Collections
Browse Coins for Sale
View Coin Details
View Newsletter
Access User Directory
Access Member Forums
Track Coin Statistics
Member Messaging
Add Unlimited Coins

Only Subscribers are able to:

Add Unlimited Coin Grids
List Your Coins For Sale
Use Deep Search feature
Use Spreadsheet View
Import Coins into Account
Export Coins from Account
Use Tantalus Without Ads
Unlimited coin image size
Link to view coins full size


Thanks,

Tony
  #6  
Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
kerux kerux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kingsland, TX
Posts: 112
Default Fixed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonBronze
Scott,

Did you subscribe (pay for membership) or are you using a free account on Tantalus?

Free accounts are not able to import or export collections ... paid subscribers are ... that is possibly the difference.

Let me know and I will try and help you out. But as a quick review Free Accounts can:

Browse All Collections
Browse Coins for Sale
View Coin Details
View Newsletter
Access User Directory
Access Member Forums
Track Coin Statistics
Member Messaging
Add Unlimited Coins

Only Subscribers are able to:

Add Unlimited Coin Grids
List Your Coins For Sale
Use Deep Search feature
Use Spreadsheet View
Import Coins into Account
Export Coins from Account
Use Tantalus Without Ads
Unlimited coin image size
Link to view coins full size


Thanks,

Tony


Tony,

I was helping with this & I believe this problem has been solved. The full story is that Scott's username had a space in it which the programming didn't like. A patch was written and now the problem has been solved.

Joe W.

Last edited by kerux : 01-02-2007 at 11:14 AM.
  #7  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Scotvs Capitis Scotvs Capitis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerux
Tony,

I was helping with this & I believe this problem has been solved. The full story is that Scott's username had a space in it which the programming didn't like. A patch was written and now the problem has been solved.

Joe W.


Hey guys, did this problem come back again? I can't see the download links again after the status bar completes when trying to export a backup copy.

If its easier, you can add an underscore to my user name in place of the space.
__________________
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Dirty Old Coins, LLC