Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Missing coins

Hi,
There was a thread about this earlier, started by mrichter, which has itself gone missing
I see that some of the missing coins have returned - I seem to have gained 31 coins, but
not the 10 I added yesterday - but a lot of the photos are missing.

Are these going to return? In the meantime, is there any point in adding more coins?

Thanks,
ATB,
Aidan.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Aiden,

In Ras' reply to my missing post, he said there was a server transfer that caused the error and he was fixing it.

Matt
Old 01-01-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichter
Aiden,

In Ras' reply to my missing post, he said there was a server transfer that caused the error and he was fixing it.

Matt

Ah, cool. I can go months without uploading anything, so it's just a fluke that I was affected
at all.

Some of the missing things have returned, mostly minus pics. I have all the pics anyway,
so losing those wouldn't be any great disaster.

Resolution for 2010, get collection organised

ATB,
Aidan.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:43 AM

I am going to upload the pics again and be done with it. If Ras fixes the pictures, it will be the same anyway.

My 2009 resolution was to go through my collection. I didn't forget the resolution but I am only about 1/3 of the way through.....

Matt
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM

Yes, I'll upload the missing pics too; about 10 coins I added on 31st have disappeared, I'll give it a few days, then upload again if they don't reappear.

From the number of coins you've uploaded here, I'd say the resolution is going well enough!

Happy New Year,
Aidan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichter
I am going to upload the pics again and be done with it. If Ras fixes the pictures, it will be the same anyway.

My 2009 resolution was to go through my collection. I didn't forget the resolution but I am only about 1/3 of the way through.....

Matt
Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM

Well when I look at my complete collection it seems quite a few of the pics have disapeared. over a dozen. Oddly, only one was recent, the rest start 6 months ago and go back over 3 years. Well I can re-link the pics and this may be a good opportunity to rephotograph the ones I am not that happy with.

Ben
Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgemz
Well when I look at my complete collection it seems quite a few of the pics have disapeared. over a dozen. Oddly, only one was recent, the rest start 6 months ago and go back over 3 years. Well I can re-link the pics and this may be a good opportunity to rephotograph the ones I am not that happy with.

Ben

Yes - I've just relinked my missing pics and added the 10 coins that disappeared, so back to where I was, plus added a few more

I need to make backups at home!

ATB,
Aidan.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 AM

I'm missing about 40 pictures besides the coins added in December. Three of the older coins that are missing pictures were edited in the same period that the coins disappeared from. I am guessing that the other coins were looked at by visitors to the site. Just a guess though.

Matt
Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 AM

I've also noticed that the photos for 3 out of 4 coins that I have uploaded so far have also disappeared as well.

Aidan.

Check out my numismatic photos on http://www.allnumis.com & http://www.coinbrag.com .

To see the photos on http://www.coinforums.com/gallery/u6-bcnumismatics.html ,you have to scroll to the bottom of the page,pull down to '90' under 'Per Page',then click on 'Sort Now'.

Please let me know what you think.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM

I'm still finding missing photos. I just edit the coin and put them back.

Matt