Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > The Orkin Man

Old 11-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Default Unable to add coins

Hi,
I can't add coins to Tantalus now - I get an error message - "Unable to add coin. Contact suppprt" or something like that.

At the third attempt last night, I added something and then was unable to edit it.

Help!

ATB,
Aidan.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Unable to add coins

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

Can you please describe the steps you perform that lead to this error. Please also include key data like Coin Type and such and the browser (version) you are using.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 AM

I have this problem again - I'm trying to add a Roman Imperial coin - sestertius of Nero and get the message in red:

The coin could not be added to Tantalus. Please contact customer support

I'm using Linux and Firefox - version 9.0. I'd added a Republican denarius successfully just before. I'm going to try one other coin in the Roman Imperatorial category.

The steps leading to the error are just going to "Add a Coin" and filling in the fields for a Roman Imperial coin. The photograph is large - just over 1MB and 2920x1460 pixels in size.

ATB,
Aidan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSupport
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

Can you please describe the steps you perform that lead to this error. Please also include key data like Coin Type and such and the browser (version) you are using.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM

OK - I've added it now by cloning another sestertius and modifying the fields one by one. The problem is with the Reverse Description - it seems to be too long for the program. I couldn't change it from the existing description to the (long) one for the coin. I added it as a note and said "See note!" in the reverse description field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnucoins
I have this problem again - I'm trying to add a Roman Imperial coin - sestertius of Nero and get the message in red:

The coin could not be added to Tantalus. Please contact customer support

I'm using Linux and Firefox - version 9.0. I'd added a Republican denarius successfully just before. I'm going to try one other coin in the Roman Imperatorial category.

The steps leading to the error are just going to "Add a Coin" and filling in the fields for a Roman Imperial coin. The photograph is large - just over 1MB and 2920x1460 pixels in size.

ATB,
Aidan.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:01 PM

I've had similar issues using IE 8, I don't think it is a browser issue. I tried to send Ras a note about it, but when I sent that I got "unfortunately, your message was not sent" so I went back and retried the coin and it went through the 2nd time (I did just a few fields, then edited it. The legend was not entering and it had single quotes in it, so I replaced those with dots and it finally took.) Today I cloned a couple coins and modified them, that went in OK.

Ben
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM

This bug is still here - just got it now with a British coin. I also have Matt's problem with the truncated data fields.

ATB,
Aidan.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Administrator

This issue should be solved now. Please let me know if you have any further problems.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSupport
This issue should be solved now. Please let me know if you have any further problems.

I just had the problem again - dupondius of Trajan