Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Open Mike Room

Old 05-08-2006, 11:38 AM
fionn

Default Tyre coin..

Hello,
I am rather new at coin collecting...I have recently found some rather interesting coins..One seems to be a civic issue Tyre,coin..with a bearded man on the left side of the front,and at the bottom right stands a trident with a snake,or something wrapped around it..On the back is a palm I think.and on either side stands the words "atta neun"..Does anyone know what this coin is?? I also have a strange bronze Byzantine coin..with a rather flatened almost faded image of Christ enthroned,one the other side there are many block like patterns..They seem to be letters that have been worn away....Another coin I have is a very thick bronze Roman coin With a rather important looking man on it..I cannot read what is inscripted,but I can send a photo to anyone interested....I have never seen a coin so thick,does that have any particular signifigance?? So please increase my knowledge if you can...Thank you .. Fionn...
Old 01-28-2007, 08:09 PM
HowieK

Default Sounds interesting...

I'd like to see a picture, but the forum software said you do not accept emails. Could you please email me at urijahATgmailDOTcom (Change the AT and DOT to what you expect.) Thanks.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator

or you could just post the coin - that's what you have an account for! just add the coin and reply to this thread with a link or coin number.

this way we can all take a look, though i admit i personally would be at a loss with a coin from tyre.

ras