Tantalus - the online coin registry

Go Back   Tantalus Online Coin Registry > Main > Suggestions

Old 01-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Old Ideas - New Year

This is just a reminder of a couple of suggestions I mentioned last year.
  1. I was wondering if it was possible to have the images automaticaly renamed/exported with the "Tantalus given coin inventory number" as the image name as opposed to the image name that I had for the image when I first entered the coin. This way I could download my images and be able to imediately see what image is for what coin in Tantalus. This will make organizing my collection easier.
  2. Additionally when I'm looking through the coins in one of my Tantalus folders (the original view) I would love to be able to see the Tantalus coin number underneath the thumbnail image of each coin so that once I spot the coin, I imediately know the inventory number for that coin.

T-17564
  3. When I'm loged in, I would like to see my "collections list" on the left side of the page indexed by "template types" and then by Album name? For instance; The Template - "Roman Imperial" then below that all of the "Albums" (I have one for each emperor) that I have under that Template. That way all of my coins and medals would be automatically organized as opposed to being all mixed in. Kind of like the following example.
Roman Imperial
- Antoninus Pius (5)
- Arcadius (13)
- Aurelian (26)
Medals
- French
- Germany (6)
- Great Britain (12)
World Coins
- Austria
- Bolivia (6)
Thanks, Keep up the good work, you are on the right track.

Saturninos
Old 01-19-2007, 10:20 AM

I agree with points 1 and and 2. I have a slight issue with number 3 and would like to suggest an alternative. the issue is that I not want my coins listed by Template and the Album. However, I would like to see a secondayr Catagory like Ruler, Architectural, Campgate, Moneyer, etc. If this was possible, I could view my Arcadius Campgate under Byzantine or under Campgate.

Regards,

Matt
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

guys some good ideas. i'm adding notes to the queue. development however is lagging and it may take a while for these to be implemented.

the coin flip printing feature will be released soon.

ras
Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasiel
guys some good ideas. i'm adding notes to the queue. development however is lagging and it may take a while for these to be implemented.

the coin flip printing feature will be released soon.

ras

Will the Tantalus inventory number be an option on the coin flips? I am using those numbers as my own collection serial numbers for record purposes. It would be a nice option.

Scotvs Capitis Ancient Coin Blog
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

scott, defintiely doable. i am hopeful that the coin flip option will be ready this month.

ras