it depends on where the coins are - if these are your coins, and the photos belong to you or were licensed for your use, then by all means transfer them. the best way to do this is to set up a coin album and organize it in the manner that makes most sense to you then just copy and paste the records one by one.
on the other hand if you want to transfer someone else's database make sure they're ok with it first.
i look forward to seeing indian coins added!
Do you have a certain area of interest? Right now certain parts of the Roman Imperial section need work & the Roman Provincial & Roman Republic sections are basically untouched. Let me know what you want to do & I will set you up as a volunteer.
Joe Winnett (kerux)
I've past the 2000 coins mark from sear Greek at wildwinds.
I'm at SG 5430 i add 20 coins per day so its go to take a while to reach the SG 7957
Im interested in doing these ones in this order :)
Im ok at changing some letters around and changeing up some links and some basic stuff..
No degree here just fooled around with it.
What kind of editor we gonna use to do this with. (is it free)
Is there a page setup that i can just download with teh headers already set? (CODE)
Let me know whats going on id like to help and this would be the ones im interested in doing.
I like wildwinds but i think it would be cool to have my own access to it from my own desktop :) with no internet access.
We are entering the Wildwinds coins into a Tantalus account "Wildwinds". This means entering the coins one at a time using the Tantalus "Add a coin" feature. Basically you open a Wildwinds record and copy/paste it into the Tantalus add coin feature.
well let me know if i can do those ones that i listed.
Im kind of confused though. It sounds like from reading your first statement that i would log on to an account named wildwinds and basically add each coin to it. that would require password.
Precisely...those who volunteer are given the access info for a different account set up for all Wildwinds coins. You would need to login under that account inorder to add the Wildwind coins. Let me know your direct email address if you are still interested in helping and I will send you the password you need.
The Imperial coins you expressed an interest in have not yet been transferred, so you are welcome to tackle them if you like. Please let me know before you move on to other areas as there are several of us who are working on this and we are trying to avoid duplication. For instance, I am working the Roman Provincial coins...so anyone working with a Roman emperor can skip those issues & just focus on the Imperial coins. Obviously, we ask you not to change anything that has already been entered until you ask if it should be changed. Thanks for your interest! The work is a bit tedious, but satisfying as we make Tantalus a better research resource for everyone.
Basic suggestions for Volunteers
I thought it might be useful to post these suggestions publicly for those who want to help:
Thanks for volunteering to help transfer Wildwinds coin records to the Tantalus database. There are several of us doing this so we need to keep one another informed of what work we are doing so we don't duplicate coins accidentally. If you have any questions you can get a quicker response by emailing someone directly. Below are a couple of contacts that should be able to answer your inquiries:
Here are some initial suggestions:
1. Pick an area at Wildwinds (Greek city, Roman emperor, etc.) and LET OTHERS KNOW where you are working by posting a message at Tantalus forums (there is a Wildwinds thread).
2. When you finish an area let others know what you are moving on to. If you're not sure an area is unworked, then do a search to see if the coins are already in the Wildwinds account.
3. The method is pretty simple:
* Open a window to Wildwinds & go to the first record in your chosen area.
* Open another window to Tantalus and login to the "Wildwinds" account. Click the "Add a coin" feature & transfer by copy/paste all the important info (including sale price if given) and the photo from the Wildwinds record to the Tantalus database. If you enter a price, make sure it is a FINAL price and not just a current bid...if unsure leave the price out. NOTE: When copying the photo please copy the BIGGEST version available (not just the thumbnail). By looking at the Wildwinds records already at Tantalus you can get a feel for what is important info & what is not.
* If you notice minor errors (spelling, etc.) feel free to make corrections. NOTE: Occasionally you will find a major error at Wildwinds (wrong city, legend, reference #, etc.). If you can research & correct the info then do so...or ask for help if you are unsure what to do.
* When dealing with CNG or Triton coins please include the "By permission of CNG..." notation in the Description area. This is done at Wildwinds (& here) as a courtesy to CNG for allowing us to catalog their records.
Thanks for your willingness to help make Tantalus an even greater resource for all of us to use.
Joe Winnett (kerux)
Could you please give a pub;lic update on the status of the transfer? What has been done? What still needs to be done?
I'm sorry that work prevents me from continuing to assist at this time. I am hooping fro some availabiliity in about 6 weeks.
The project currently is as follows. We (all volunteers) have completely transferred the Celtic, Byzantine & Imperatorial records from Wildwinds to Tantalus.
Asgorath is working the Greek coins using Wildwinds Sear Greek list and has entered 2000+ Greek coins. I think he is trying to do 20 coins a day, so it's going to take awhile without help. I don't know if there are other Greek records at Wildwinds not included in the SG list...so there may be more to add later.
I am back working the Provincial coins after being side-lined by work & family business. Only 172 records so far using Wildwinds alphabetical list...I am up to Agrippina Jr.
I'm not sure who has been working the Imperial coins lately. There are 365 Imperial records using the alphabetical list at Wildwinds. We have civil war issues & from Aelia Flaccilla to Antoninus Pius. We may have a new volunteer who wants to work the Constantine & sons area.
No work has really been done on the Roman Republic coins.
As to what is needed...we have much work to do in the Greek, Roman Republic, Roman Imperial & Roman Provincial areas. Looks like Republic & Imperial are pretty much wide open for anyone who wants to help.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Dirty Old Coins, LLC